Friday, February 11, 2011

Heart Warming

On most days when I'm too broke to get Starbucks or Coffee Bean I pass by 711 to get my coffee fix.
This am when I went down the car, some Housekeeping and maintenance personnel from Enderun were outside and they seemed so cheery as they waved to say hi. I did some small talk first before going in to get my stuff. 

When I got back to the car my mom found it amusing how the housekeepers seemed so happy to see me. She said that maybe they appreciate how nice I am to them.

Truth is, as much as I LOVE making fun of jejemons and their jejemon-ness, well, these are the people that i make an extra effort to be nicer to and never forget to flash a smile to or make kamusta when I pass them in the hallways. 

Its actually the least that we can do to show appreciation to what they do for us which we often take for granted. 

I think that the more we care about the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being becomes. When we cultivate a close, warm-hearted feeling for others will automatically put our minds at ease. 

For me it is one of the ultimate sources of success in life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...