Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Simple Life

I've talked countless times to different people about how things seemed so simple when I was younger and all I seriously can remember worrying about is if it was raining or not in the afternoon coz if it was then I wouldn't be able to play outside. We saw the world through simple, hopeful eyes and had no biases or concealed ideas and I'm working into keeping life that "simple".

I'm no expert in this thing called life but if there are actually a few things that have worked for me through the years that kept me this Smiley person that I am. Its so simple. Its just DELIBERATELY not complicating things for myself  like say,
I eat when I'm hungry, I shout when I want to, I wear all black when I'm sad no matter if its scorching outside, I wear neon yellow in the midst of a typhoon outbreak, I drink when I'm thirsty, I sleep when I'm sleepy, I take a shot of tequila when I'm lethargic. I don't let my mind get disillusioned by negative external influences. I try not to question my gut feel. I don't act like I know it all. I wake up an hour and a half earlier just so I don't rush and I start my day properly. When I stumble, I stand right up, learn and walk away with a smile. I don't want to deceive others and I just want to make people around me happy. I don't try to read people's minds, I ask when I am unsure. I try to learn something everyday. I think happy thoughts. and lastly, I just know that if its not wrong, then I can do it and if I get it wrong I'll be punished, not so grave, I'll get over it. So many other things. 

Lastly, I stick by the words, "Ignorance is bliss" and "What you don't know won't hurt you" and it's worked so far. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...