Saturday, November 19, 2011

PRETTY LITTLE THINGS


The little things are most worthwhile-- A quiet word, a look, a smile, A listening ear that's quick to share, another's thoughts, another's care...Though sometimes they may seem quite small, these little things mean most of all. Empty little things, pretty little things, lost and lonely, forgotten little dreams. Silly little dreams, funny little dreams misplaced and weeping, crazy little thing. 

Do you wake up with glistening cheeks like I do? I am a pretty painted lady, don't be fooled, no its not a dream. I'm but just another doll, masked in gloomy glory, will I break the fall. I understand that this is my reality and I always look back watching as these thoughts retreat to everything I ever believed in, in everything I never believed in. 




Do you want my pain in silence? In a bitter wake of violence, everything comes crashing, all of my past foes. Nothing left to do but smile in the darkness, my sweetest one for life. While waiting for this tragedy; It fills my heart with strife.


Where would I turn, just where could I hide? In this broken marred picture, there is no one by my side. I am a pretty painted lady, but I'm just another doll, masked in gloomy glory, will I break the fall. 







1 comment:

  1. One of my most favorite posts of yours.
    -Bear

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...