Friday, December 9, 2011

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY

When I was younger, I didn't have to force the christmas spirit to be felt. It just came from the simplest things like say, knowing that its almost christmas vacation, seeing my help put up our small tree and a few christmas decors in our planter box, driving by houses dressed up in christmas icing, christmas songs playing whilst doing some leisurely christmas shopping with my mom and passing by chestnuts roasting in the grocery. 

What happened now? People barely put decors anywhere. I think aside from feeling the inner peace and joy, tranquility, goodwill and happiness, christmas won't be up there if it weren't for the visuals. I mean, just like eating, you have to eat with all your senses, the presentation and smell is as important as the taste, I feel the same way about christmas. 

That's why when I came across these pictures of Christmas window displays in NY, London and Paris I can't help but reminisce and feel a bit invidious of the people who pass by these windows everyday. I could only imagine how awesome it is to be to walk the streets of Paris this time of the year wearing thigh high Rick Owen's boots, Walford tights, Layers and layers of swathe embraced by mink, fluffy gloves and a russian fur hat. 

Ah... I dream.

HARRODS




PRINTEMPS



BERGDORF



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...