Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Glow

A glimpse into the world of inspiring and fashionable moms.


At home with Cynthia Rowley and kids




 


"I’ve been told by my husband that it would probably be better for our marriage if I stop answering the question, 
'How many kids do you have?' with, 
'Three, if you count my husband'"








A Few of Kit's Favorite Things...

1. Favorite items of clothing: "Mick Jagger T-shirt, and 
sparkly suspenders"
2. Favorite things about New York: "It's loud and busy, even at night."
3. Favorite food: "Cookie dough, French fries, and mashed potatoes with caviar"
4. Favorite thing to do with mom and dad: "Travel"





















At home with Zoe Buckman and Cleo




"It’s funny the things you do as a mum that you never expected. There have been nights when I’m so tired, I find myself rocking her to sleep in the middle of the night reading Keats poems I learned when I was in school."




A Few of Her Favorite Things...
1. "Assam tea bags and ginger biscuits
2. My British Vogue subscription
3. My Smythson diary: I have to write appointments down otherwise I’ll forget them
4. Manhattan cocktails on the sweeter side of perfect
5. Our bathtub
6. Phone calls with my mum in London
7. My husband, most of all"


























At home with Jeanann Williams and Ruby








"Girls are just immediately girls. The minute she could do anything, she wanted a stroller and babies, while my two nephews wanted dinosaurs and trucks. It’s just innate."


A Few of Her Favorite Things...

1. "When Ruby's on set with her dad she'll say, 'I'm shooting models mommy'
2. Watching her play with her cousins, both boys are so gentle and protective of her—she loves running in their gang.
3. When I pick her up, she says ‘You got me?’, then I say it back to her and she always says, ‘Yeah, I got you’
4. Tea parties
5. Maas (our word for kisses)

























At home with Ana Lerario- Geller and Luna









"I try not to look ahead and think, 'I can’t wait until she is big enough to....' Every age has it’s challenges and it’s beauty – you won't always be able to hold your baby so closely at all times as you do when they're little."









A Few of Her Favorite Things...

2. Bird crochet mobile (over Luna’s crib)
3. Wooden stroller mobile
4. iPhone baby apps: "When I have to travel with her and need to keep her entertained while sitting down for a few hours, it comes in very handy!"
5. Hospital swaddle blankets: "The nurse gave me a few and I used them until she was five months. I tried to buy prettier ones, but none of them fit as perfectly!"




















At home with Laura Garcia and Georgina




"She’s just her own little creature. My husband and I look at her and think, 'Who is she? Who’s this person that we made?' She has her own personality and her own thing going—it doesn’t come from Diego or me."



A Few of Her Favorite Things...
1. "Speaking French with Georgiana
2. Picking out her clothes in the morning
3. Going to our little playgroup every week
4. Cuddling and kissing
5. Seeing how close she is with my husband. That makes me so happy..."







At home with Rebecca and Luca 







"I love how babies make anyone who is having a bad day smile-- people are much nicer when you are wearing a baby" 





A Few of Her Favorite Things...


1. "My husband
2. Chocolate
3. Sleeping baby on my chest
4. Calm, the calcium-magnesium drink that helps me relax
5. When Luca coos at me during feedings
6. Watching my husband, Gavin, be such a hands-on father
7. Seeing my mom and dad play with my son












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...