Wednesday, February 22, 2012

VALENTINES DAY (delayed)

My dearest made it seem like he had no plans for us. My day started with 2 dozens of pink roses delivered to my office. Attached was the sweetest note: 
"My wife, 
I have nothing more to ask for and I am truly grateful for you. 
This is a good start. I love You. 
Love, your husband". 

Midday he called me to ask where I wanted to have dinner and what time he should get me. I was surprised that he didn't make any reservations. But i honestly didn't mind since I don't think I've ever went out on valentines and it was just really a normal day for me.

He picked me up at home. I wore a Zimmermann Batik print mini dress. We headed to Sofitel. When we arrived, the events director introduced herself to us at the lobby and handed us our welcometinis. I was so surprised and impressed that they had such great service. We were lead to the pool area of the hotel, I saw lots of tables enjoying a grill buffet. I was excited coz I saw lechon and roasted calf! But no, we walked past that commotion and was brought to the most quiet and highest part of the garden where a floral decorated-canopy lit with tivoli lights was was sitting, facing the sea. WOW. The butler who was already waiting for us sat us down, then a bottle of Moet Rose was popped, then came the hotel's executive chef to introduce to us and give us a little background of the 6 course dinner he had prepared for us. As soon as they started serving bread, the string quartet also started playing quietly for us.


I found it funny how elaborate everything was. I never expected this from this anti-romantic boyfriend of mine. This was seeming more and more like a proposal than a valentines dinner date I told MD and the sweetest intimate surprise everyone has every done for me. It was like a scene from the movies. <3
The food came. We started off with Tempura oyster in a bef of lobster mashed potatoes, then seared foie with a side of poached pear in red wine, pumpkin and cauliflower soup, apple sherbet, surf and turf. Moments after our mains were cleared, a private fireworks display started. Yes, it was surreal. For dessert a louis XV looking (but so far from tasting like it) cake came. 



Unforgettable. How could I not fall in love with this man more and more each day. Now that's hard to top next valentines huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...